As a single guy in 2016, I’ve given my fair share of dating apps a try. As fun as this new “on-demand economy” can be, there are certainly downsides to how all of this swiping left and swiping right is affecting the way we view the world – and maybe even our job search.
- Tinder taught me to ignore the details and just apply. One pretty picture or appealing job title? Sign me up! No fine print for me.
- Bumble taught me to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to me. Why be proactive in my search when I can just wait? I mean, someone will reach out to me with exactly what I’m looking for eventually…right?
- Match.com trained me to lower my standards for quality – it’s all about quantity if I want any success. When you have to send out a million messages to get one measly response, you’re not going to take the time to give each one the attention it deserves.
- Happn taught me that there are more important factors than proximity. Just cause you’re 500 yards away, doesn’t make it a match.
- E-Harmony proved to me that no matter how much information I give a matchmaking service (or industry recruiter), they’ll still try to sell me on options that don’t fit my needs. Why waste my time?
- Coffee Meets Bagel taught me my options were limited, training me to jump at every opportunity even when I know it’s the wrong fit.
Any of this sound familiar? At ReferralMob, we believe everyone deserves to find their perfect match. So come discover a job opportunity that excites you and take the initiative! It might just pay off - literally.